Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dutch Treats

I started my day with going to my eye doctor for my yearly dilated eye exam. I always feel guilty about asking friends to watch Allison while I have appointments because they have young children too. I have to make appointments far in advance and Nathan rarely has weekdays off (and when he does, he knows about them last minute).

When I had a crown put in (at the dentist) a few weeks ago, April watched Allison, and today I asked Lisa to watch her while I went to the optometrist. I went to my appointment and checked in with the secretary only to be told that my appointment was next week and not today! I had it written on my calendar for next week but when I got a phone call from the office reminding me of my appointment of Tuesday, I thought she meant that I had the day wrong! Oh well, the staff was very accommodating and got me in without an appointment. I was so thankful!


When Nathan got home there was a package waiting for him from his parents. Nathan's mom went to Holland and sent us some amazing Dutch treats. I got a gorgeous sweater and two pattern magazines that I don't understand, but have some gorgeous patterns (that I can follow). 
Allison got a stuffed bunny called Miffy. Allison loves rabbits and she immediately fell in love with Miffy.  Nathan got some gingerbread that he said "reminded him of his childhood when all the church ladies would make it." He says it's very addictive - I tried it...and he wasn't lying.

Thank you Martin and Marlene!






No comments:

Post a Comment