At a more civilized hour I decided to take a drive to Lisa's house to see how she was feeling. A few blocks from my house- I was nearly in an accident. I was driving on a 4 lane road when an elderly woman, thinking my lane was her left hand turning lane (?) crossed the double yellow line and drove directly towards my car and I had to slam on my brakes not to avoid a head on collision. She didn't hit me or any other cars while she managed to turn but it was another reminder how fast things can happen.
When I got to Lisa's house, she joked that maybe we shouldn't go a coffee date again for awhile.
Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance so while some are celebrating the Royals moving to the World Series, many are dealing with something much more important. Tonight, a vigil was held at the JC Nichols fountain. An organization called Sam's Pond put candles around the fountain to represent children of their support group who have died.
Unfortunately, the JC Nichols fountain is a popular landmark (it's where the Royals rally I went to was held) and I've already seen a few pictures pop up in my news feed with people hyped up, smiling, dressed in their best blues- with mourning mothers and glimmering candles in the background. I feel so sorry for the mother's who are trying to grieve and celebrate and are probably getting overwhelmed by the large groups flocking to the plaza. But I know it's not the fans fault because they don't know what's going and I understand that- I just think it would be uncomfortable to be there.
To celebrate the day with Allison we shared our daily cookie and milk on the kitchen floor. I make large batches of cookies and freeze the portioned dough so that I can have fresh cookies whenever I want. Since Allison usually wakes up grumpy, I have cookies waiting for us. Like any normal human, a warm cookie cheers her up.
Before the Cookie:
After the Cookie:
Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance so while some are celebrating the Royals moving to the World Series, many are dealing with something much more important. Tonight, a vigil was held at the JC Nichols fountain. An organization called Sam's Pond put candles around the fountain to represent children of their support group who have died.
Unfortunately, the JC Nichols fountain is a popular landmark (it's where the Royals rally I went to was held) and I've already seen a few pictures pop up in my news feed with people hyped up, smiling, dressed in their best blues- with mourning mothers and glimmering candles in the background. I feel so sorry for the mother's who are trying to grieve and celebrate and are probably getting overwhelmed by the large groups flocking to the plaza. But I know it's not the fans fault because they don't know what's going and I understand that- I just think it would be uncomfortable to be there.
To celebrate the day with Allison we shared our daily cookie and milk on the kitchen floor. I make large batches of cookies and freeze the portioned dough so that I can have fresh cookies whenever I want. Since Allison usually wakes up grumpy, I have cookies waiting for us. Like any normal human, a warm cookie cheers her up.
Before the Cookie:
After the Cookie:
No comments:
Post a Comment