Monday, October 27, 2014

Day Off

Nathan and I have an agreement that one day a week I don't have to cook. I don't mind cooking but I'm not very inventive and I always make the same dozen things. I love eating at restaurants, it's one of my most favourtie treats. Awhile back when Nathan finished his intern year of residency we recieved a generous gift from our friend's Danny and Katie to use towards a fancy dinner date. We planned to use it while my parents were here, but Nathan was working a lot and Allison can be really fussy. Instead, we've been spreading it out over several weeks and having a date night each week.

The weather has been so lovely these last few days so last night we picked up Chinese food and headed to the park. Allison was nibbling on her PB and J, but was much more interested in the family get together at the next picnic table. Allison is starting to gravitate towards other kids (especially older kids) and the way she looks at them like, "I want to play!" breaks my heart because she's still so little.

The colors in the park were beautiful, Allison was well behaved, and we managed to get caught up what was going on with us. What started as a break night for me has turned into a wonderful date night for us!





No comments:

Post a Comment