Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stormy Days

The weather has changed from sunny and warm to dark and stormy. Allison and I have been bundled up in the house going a little stir crazy.  Today Allison decided to take a big step- literally! She started walking. She's been taking a few steps here and there but not full-on walking. Today she decided that she was ready to take off!

After wandering around the house all afternoon, I took her out to the driveway to test out her new skill. My friend Jan, whom I worked with at Foodland, gave Allison these adorable tiger felted shoes. She just fits into them now and perfect timing. I put her in her new shoes and let her loose.
 

Our friend Danny came to visit Nathan tonight. Danny leads our small group meetings on Sunday nights. He's a PhD student at a local seminary school and does a great job in his role of leadership at Wornall. He and Nathan visited for a couple of hours while I stayed in the basement (in my new sewing space) and worked on Allison's Halloween costume. It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do- I just needed to wait for the inspiration! I think I'll (try) to keep it a secret until the 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment