Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fabric

Last week my friend Lisa connected with with a woman named Mildred in our church. Mildred is moving into a retirement facility and is cleaning out her craft room and wanted to know if I wanted her odds and ends from her years as a crafter. I agreed and that afternoon Nathan and I went to her house to pick up 2 large bins and one milk crate or fabric and patterns.

The fabric is gorgeous and I feel intimidated even having it! Mildred made her own jackets and suits so it's way beyond my usual cotton and felt!

I had a great time going through all the goodies - patterns, thread, and buttons, but my favorite part was finding out where everything came from. I almost forgot that Mildred is a fellow Canuck until I saw a Canadian Tire bag!
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment