We started our week off on a fun note. We met up with a few families from our church at the public pool near our house. The pool price drops from $8 a person to $5 after 5:30pm so we all brought picnic lunches and ate and swam at our leisure. We loaded Allison and our food into her red wagon and walked the five minutes to the pool. Now that I know Allison loves the pool so much, I'd consider getting a pass to the pool next year (if we stay in KC). I was telling our friends that the next day we had to go back for our third bat shot. Levi, a friend's little boy kept asking, "Did Allison really get bit by a bat?" and "Can she still come to church with us?" It was really funny.
Allison did really well with her shot. She only cries for a minute or two and then when the nurse hands her a sticker she perks up. Every nurse that we chat with (who knows we're Nathan's family) always tells me how great he is to work with. They tell me that he's a keeper, and he's funny, and always happy, and works really hard. One nurse even told me I was lucky to have him!
On Tuesday we tackled another painful errand. I finally (after weeks of hounding, phone calls, and emails) got an email with a confirmation code that said I was legally in the country and could apply for a license. You can sign up online to hold your place and then you get text message updates about your wait time- and if you need more time, you text back "M" and then you get a new message with a longer wait time. It is brilliant, except that I signed up for the line for license renewals (since I've had a Kansas license for 2 years) but technicaly I was getting a new license since I have a new visa so when I arrived for my appointment, I was told I had to take a new number in the new line - which was an hour long. Allison did okay except that she tried to get in a few people's pictures. Once she walked up to the screen beside us, stood in front of a woman and said, "cheese!"
Of course, right before my number was called, Allison started to say (loudly), "potty, potty!" I asked for a change table and this is what I was directed to. I decided against the table since it looked like something out of a horror movie laboratory.
Here is a picture I took of Nathan's latest PLEY Lego Set. This is the Lego subscription service that for $6 a month they send you a different set to build, then you ship it back before the month is up. Nathan has only done it once, and got this month free as a way to lure him back to the program. I think it's a great way to let off steam and Nathan really enjoys it.



No comments:
Post a Comment