It's been a long, hot week, and tonight we had plans to meet our friends Danny and Katie (and their three kids) at the Prairie Village Pool for a picnic and swimming since the rates are lower after 5:30pm. After some back and forth, we decided not to go (Nathan wouldn't be home until well after 6pm) and instead we were invited to Governor Stumpy's for dinner. It's a small dive bar style restaurant that is only a block from D & K's house.
I was so nervous to take Allison because she has a hard time sitting still but it was very kid friendly and Allison did well - except that she would only eat french fries and once she got a taste of my Pepsi she wouldn't stop hounding me for a "sip!sip!"
Even though we added (more) chaos to their dinner, D&K picked up our tab! It was really generous and we had a great time. I don't know that I'm in a rush to take Allison out again but I felt it erased (some) of the bad feelings about our last trip to a restaurant when she lost it before we even received our drinks.
Nathan was finishing work as we were leaving the restaurant so he met us at D &K's and we visited until Allison's bedtime. Allison loved going through the new toys. She especially loves that there is a fridge with a water dispenser on the outside so she can get her own drinks. Once, she went through their dirty dishwasher, found a cup, filled it, and was drinking in the corner before anyone noticed...but it's ok 'cause it's D &K.
Allison is starting to imitate me - which shows me exactly what my flaws are (especially the bad words).
This is a plate that was broken when she wanted to sit at the table like I did (rather than in her highchair). She used a fork and pretended to eat, all the while talking away and then, WHAM! "MESS!MESS!" She yelled.
After an eye shattering experience trying on bathing suits at Old Navy, I've brought out my exercise mat. Allison loves to copy my yoga poses (when she's not using my poses are bridges)




No comments:
Post a Comment