Thursday, August 27, 2015

Moms at the Zoo

Today was our last Mom group with Lindsey and her boys. We decided to head to the Zoo. We almost turned back because there was a thunder/lightning storm and the rain was coming down in buckets. But the five of us braved it and we stuck to the indoor exhibits until the rain let up.

The rain stopped for about 3 hours so we were able to see the zoo without the usual crowd of people. It seemed like we had the place to ourselves.

I decided that since it was a cool/wet day that I would leave my camera at home and just walk and enjoy my time with Allison. She was exhausted after walking for 3.5 hours.

Allison is starting to recognize animals and call them by name. She isn't overly interested but she likes to identify them and imitate their sounds. Here Allison is more interested in the hand sanitizer at her level than the goat.

Allison's favorite space is the penguin exhibit - I think it's mine too. I would love to sit on the benches and just watch them swim but the exhibit is dark and with Allison being a runner, the darkness spooks me.

Allison was very jealous that the penguins got to swim.

For the first time I saw the elephants at the zoo. There's never visible or I just don't get that far into the zoo, but today they were right up to the fence.

At the exit, we all gave Lindsey hugs and told her how great she is and how much we'll miss her. There were a few tears, but to quote Lindsey, "there's no crying at the zoo!' so we gave final good-byes and promises to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment