Thursday, August 20, 2015

Stinker

Dinner time is always a difficult time for us. Allison isn't picky but she's messy and a little wild. When she finishes she doesn't want to sit in her chair but she doesn't want to go play either. She wants to climb my chair or sit on my lap, or just fuss. We're in a discipline phase now and it usually ends with Allison screaming in her crib until we finish dinner. We haven't had a nice, quiet meal in months.

But last night after dinner she happily left the table, grabbed some books and went into our room and climbed into bed. Sometimes I find her in our bed watching Sesame Street so we just let her go and enjoyed our meal. It was amazing! I forgot what it was like to not have to scarf down our food in under 15 minutes! We chatted about our days and actually tasted our food!

After 20 minutes or so we started to get worried that Allison had fallen asleep so I went into our room. Sure enough, she was passed out and I thought that my biggest problem was going to be having a wide awake toddler at 8pm. But no. I pulled back the blankets and sheets and noticed that she had taken off her diaper and...pooped. There was poop everywhere in my bed.

While I cleaned, Nathan took Allison to the park to run off some energy. Here is her windblown hair.

Allison is really interested in the toilet but isn't quite ready for potty-training. She does, however, think her bear is ready. Today I watched her put her bear on the toilet, then run to the bathroom for toilet paper, put it in the toilet, pick up the bear, shut the lip, then say, "flush!"

 

She has the steps down so she should be ready soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment