It has been a long 3 days without Nathan. Allison is acting out and is just generally fussy. We've been out every day - going to parks, going to the grocery store (where there is a horse ride that's free) twice, going swimming, shopping, reading, and play-doh. I feel so burned out from trying to entertain Allison. Because of this, I knew it was time to look for a solution. Nathan suggested a baby sitter one day a week but Allison needs friends. She loves other kids and I want her to have that.
I called a pre-school that several women I know use and set up an appointment to meet with the director. The school is only a 10 minute drive from our house and it's park of a Presbyterian Church.
It's really cute but it's really small - we were wait listed. When I first walked into the building I was standing outside the office being introduced to the secretary when the two year old class walked by us.
"Hey, I know you!" Said the teacher, motioning to me. "You came to my garage sale a few weeks back and bought all my kids puzzles!"
Turns out my neighbor, who's sale I randomly stopped at while taking a different route to the grocery store, would be Allison's teacher. I'd say it's a small world but we were within a 10 minute radius of our houses.
I signed up for one day a week and hopefully with my flexibility that Allison can go any day that's available, we'll get off the wait list quickly. The Rainbow School is ideal because you can choose how many days you send your child and they don't have to be potty-trained. Many other schools require 3+ days and that's just not what I'm looking for.
Nathan didn't get home until midnight so he won't get to see Allison until tomorrow night. I waited up for him and was so happy that he was safely at home. He brought treats from the East like these tasty cookies.
We decided we'd wait until dinner tomorrow night to talk about how his weekend of interviews went.


No comments:
Post a Comment