Sunday, August 23, 2015

Year Seven

Today was our seven year wedding anniversary.

We don't buy each other gifts or make special plans because, as Nathan says, we're never getting divorced, so what's another day. Okay, so he didn't say it EXACTLY like that but it was close and we laughed because we both feel the same way.

We went to church and I spent the morning with my friend, Imogen, watching 11 screaming, crazy toddlers until noon. They were a wild bunch but we managed to get through it.

After a quick lunch, we got Allison down for a nap and Nathan got to work on some banking he's fallen behind in and I worked on my computer - it was all very romantic.

Like last year, our anniversary fell on a Sunday, so we had meet-up with our church friends. Tonight we met at the Henke home for a farewell party for the Schindlers - a great couple who have been attending Wornall for the last year and who are moving to Wisconsin so that Anthony can be the lead pastor of a church. I'm really happy for them but I'm going to miss Lindsey. She is so stable and funny and has been a perfect addition to our Mom group.

The Henke's live is a slightly suburban section of KC and they have a huge lawn with gardens, a volley ball court, ping pong table, a trampoline, an extensive play structure, and a beautiful home. They generously invited the church over for a potluck and then prepared the main course for us! Did I mention they also have 5 children? That they homeschool?! I can't say enough good things about this family.

It was a gorgeous night - not too hot, minimal mosquitoes, tasty food, and fun with friends. We loved sharing our anniversary with our friends - that made it special.
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment