Even though the flight from KC to Detroit is only 90 minutes, I still get butterflies. Allison is a mover and any time she has to sit still, she freaks out. I'm sure she feels my anxiety (I hate flying and having a crying baby) and reacts to it. We were out of the house by 5am (Nathan drove us) and Allison was in good spirits despite waking up at 4am. I can prepared for the plane. I brought lots of snacks and movies. Thankfully the plane wasn't fully booked and we had three seats to ourselves. There were about 12 kids on the plane so I didn't feel as alone as I usually do (and no one gave me dirty looks when I got on the plane this time).
I would give Allison's plane ride a 7 out of 10. She wasn't loud but she was really bored and kept trying to crawl all over the seats and floor. She was excited to see Grandma and Grandpa and recognized them as soon as she saw them.
After a short wait for luggage, and then again at the border, we stopped at our favorite Timmy's just over the Ambassador Bridge. Allison got a little box of Timbits and was thrilled. She managed to eat 4 before she passed out in her carseat.
My mom always has pajamas for us when we get home and this time I got a special treat. Check out these awesome Mountie pajamas that my mom found at The Bay! I love them and they're so comfy and patriotic. Allison got a pair of purple pajamas with "horseys" on them. She also found this Barbie guitar in the toy chest - which I suspect will be her favorite time while we're here.
No comments:
Post a Comment