Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Today we had a leisurely morning. We had a light breakfast, then headed to my brother’s house to make sure the kids were ready to go to our first family event. Allison had her Christmas last Sunday so I don’t think she understood why the kids where bouncing off the walls at Fraser and Shelley’s house. There were so many new, fun toys! We’re having our small (nuclear) family Christmas on Sunday but Shelley couldn’t wait for my mom to open her gift. Luckily there were lots of little hands to help her unwrap it!
  


 

 After a quick cup of coffee, the 9 of us headed to my uncle Jim’s house (my Dad’s brother). Jim hosts the Stinson Christmas each year. He has a beautiful home in St. Thomas. Jim has an amazing eye for detail, style, and pattern. He is a photographer after all! He does an amazing job decorating his house (with the help of his girlfriend) and it’s always a lot of fun. 


I haven’t been to a Stinson Christmas in at least 5 years. We’ve just always been on the move! This was a great way to catch up with my local relatives. It was relaxed and entertaining and I had a great time chatting with my cousins. We had a huge meal that Jim prepared and I couldn’t help but overeat (even though I had a second turkey dinner a few hours later).

For our late afternoon Christmas dinner, we headed to Fred and Joanne’s house. Fred is my sister-in-law, Shelley’s father. Even though I’m not technically Fred’s family, the family (and all its extensions) are always so inviting. I think they’d be hurt if I didn’t come. And although it is never necessary or expected, everyone is so generous to Allison. Fred and family made sure that Allison had a few little gifts to open (since the other kids were opening their gifts). I always think you can tell so much about people based on how they treat children, and I can feel that we’re always welcome.  
Allison favorite part was being allowed to sit at the kid table with her cousins and drip “champagne”. She acted like a little lady (until she spilled and she lost her mind), but there was more so she calmed down. Actually, that sounds like the reaction of some other ladies I know! : )

 
 
 
 Shelley’s stepmom, Joanne, prepared a delicious meal that could have fed an additional dozen people. It was all so good and when I finally got home at 9pm, I could barely roll myself onto the couch.

1 comment: