Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ornaments

The last two years I've been making an ornament to send to my friend, Vanessa, for her birthday. Last year I made one out of felt, and this year, I made a peg pet doll that looks like her dog, Brutus.

I found another idea for an ornament on pinterest and decided to make it as a holiday gift for our pastor and his family.

Adam and April had us over for dinner tonight so I brought the gift along. I was in charge of bringing dessert but after my second failed dessert attempt (I have no idea was things tasted wrong/burned) but I was off my game. I decided to scrap it and head to the grocery store for a pound cake and ice cream. We had a great time - even Allison, who once again, got into it with their cat, Chloe. Chloe scratched Allison's face (really close to her eye) and her hands but I KNOW that Allison was at fault. The last time Chloe lashed out at Allison, Allison had cornered her under a bed and was trying to pull at her fur. Allison didn't cry and the cuts are superficial - she's a tough kid, she'll be fine.

After dinner, we did an advent/Jesse tree reading. I'd never heard of the Jesse tree until this year but I love the idea.

Since Allison is too young to make the ornament that goes along with the reading, we decided that we'd make the shape out of play-doh so that it was more toddler friendly. And Allison will take any reason to play with play-doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment