The kids were thrilled with their stockings (and a few
gifts) and Allison was ecstatic over her new play doh set from Grandma and
Grandpa.
At 3pm we all headed to the local arena to watch Tanner play
at the intermission of the Port Stanley Sailors game. The arena has always been
a focal point of Port Stanley. It’s right next to the elementary school and I
have so many memories of going skating every other week with my class, or going
to the open skates on Friday night’s (to get all the local gossip) or how the
town’s previous hockey team (the Lakers) would sell out their games.
Allison has seen skating featured on many PBS shows leading
up to Christmas and she was really interested in the ice. After Tanner played,
she kept asking to go skating, when I told her it was time for the big kids to
skate, she cried until I had to take her out of the arena.
Tanner is #4 and played really well. I’m not sure if he likes hockey or not, but it’s a great way to teach kids to skate. I love that his team is called the Timbits (the name of the donut holes pastry served at Tim Hortons). What’s cuter than four year olds chasing a puck and constantly falling down as parents enthusiastically cheer them on?
Tanner is #4 and played really well. I’m not sure if he likes hockey or not, but it’s a great way to teach kids to skate. I love that his team is called the Timbits (the name of the donut holes pastry served at Tim Hortons). What’s cuter than four year olds chasing a puck and constantly falling down as parents enthusiastically cheer them on?



















No comments:
Post a Comment