Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Ice Storm

After a quiet day of recharging, eating less, and getting Allison back on a schedule (she didn’t nap at all over Christmas), it was back to cousin time. Allison was asking for her cousins all day yesterday so I know she was happy that they came over to play today. It was a little chaotic with 4 kids and 3 adults but I think we managed okay.

There was a bad ice storm last night (the wind woke me up a few times) and although Allison really wanted to go outside (in just her hat, mitts, and diaper), she quickly changed her mind when I let her stand in the doorway.
To get the kids out of the house, we took them for a walk around the yard to examine the ice. It was above zero so the ice was mixing into mud. The kids found the field and managed to get stuck/soaked/muddy in under 10 minutes. Then everyone was ready to get in the house, strip down, and sit in front of the fire to warm up while Grandma put all the clothes in the dryer.
 
 
 

 

 
For dinner we took the kids to McDonald’s. My mom and I thought it would be a great way for the kids to burn off energy and I could update the blog. I don’t have internet access at my parent’s house so I’m out of the loop on most things. The upload speed was awful at McDonald’s so I’ll have to try somewhere else in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment