Thursday, May 12, 2016

Another Week

Nathan had another extrememly busy week at work so I've been trying to take Allison out most days so she doesn't feel too confined.

I usually get groceries on Fridays when she's in school but I took her this week and let her run around and ask a million questions about everything. We also went to the library, and she met up with a friend a church to play while his mom (April) and I went to a local high school to hold cheerleading tryouts.

We also went to Little Monkey Business. I had a coupon for a free play so after I picked up our car from the repair shop, I just went a few blocks down to the play center. Allison had fun but there were several older boys there who were rough and very mean to the younger kids. The more interaction Allison has with boys I realize that parents are not teaching their boys how to be gentlemen, and it really scares me.
One boy was being rude to Allison, he was sitting at the top of a slide and refusing to let her by, I 'mama-beared' my way up the maze and point blank asked him who his parents were and he said, "I don't have parents." When I asked him how he got there, he said he "just walked in." It was a very strange lie (you have to pay to get in a sign a waiver), but I just tried to keep Allison away from them as best I could. I probably won't go back because for the $10 admission fee, I want to know my kid is safe.

Allison's favorite part of the week has been the warm weather. Each day we have a picnic lunch outside. Today was especially warm and she asked to bring the couch cushions onto the porch. She loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment