Monday, May 30, 2016

Thrift Day

I love when my parents come to visit on major holidays because it means that my mom and I can go to the thrift stores for the half off sales, and my dad can stay home with Allison. My favorite thrift store closed down a few weeks ago because the owners of the plaza that it's in renovated the plaza and hiked up the rent so I was looking forward to the 50% off days of some of the pricier places.  My mom and I spent the morning at City Thrift, Savers, and Red Racks. I think a lot of people were away on vacation for Memorial Day because usually the sales are packed with people but today is was less busy.

I spent $50 and nearly everything I bought still had the original price tags on them (including both pairs of shoes I picked  up). Allison loved spending the morning with Grandpa.

After dinner tonight we roasted marshmallows on the BBQ for dessert. Allison ate two to cap off her day of sweets.


No comments:

Post a Comment