Monday, May 23, 2016

Potty Trained

I knew that Allison was getting ready to be potty trained but I was so intimated by things I've read or heard from friends, and just thinking about how hard it would be for us. I had to have some work done on my car this week and since we would be spending a few days at home without a car, I decided this would be the perfect time to potty train.

My method was to constantly give her juice and take her to the potty every 15 minutes, and then give her a gummy bear when she went. The first day was really easy with no accidents by, as my friend April warned me, the second day is awful. It really was. Allison wasn't interested, she fought me on wearing underwear, then wearing a diaper for bed, she didn't care about juice or treats, and didn't want to stop to go to the bathroom. We had two accidents.

I stayed the course and by day three she was ready to go out in the world. She'll still have accidents (especially because she doesn't know how to "hold it") but I'm really proud of her for taking this big step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment