Today was the birthday party for Oliver, a young boy from our church. It was held at the Johnson County Museum and Allison was invited.
Allison has loved talking about her birthday these last few weeks and most days she asks if it is still her birthday, so before we left this morning we had a long talk about how it was Oliver's birthday, she would not be getting any presents, and she would not be blowing out any candles.
We knew a few families there (Nathan was working) so I had people to chat with while Allison decorated a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday (without incident).
Oliver had a time to open his gifts so I took Allison and a few balloons out into the hallways to play. It's so hard for young kids to see new and exciting gifts that aren't for them so this avoided a big fight.
After our time in the party room, we headed to the Kidscape Museum. It was so strange because every time I've ever been here, it's been packed. Yet today, on a cold Saturday, we were the only people in the entire place. In fact, when most of our group left and we decided to stay and play, there were 25 minutes where Allison and I were alone in the space. It was great for me because I could let her run and be able to see exactly where she was. She even put on a show for me at the theater.
















No comments:
Post a Comment