Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hair Days

I finished the final touches on my spring cleaning so I had free time during Allison's naps. I wanted to try out a new hair style that I found on my favorite hair website but it said I needed a bun maker for the style. I looked online and in store for the Hot Bunz but they cost about $10. I remembered my friend Ashley telling me how she made her own, and after a quick online tutorial I was ready to get started.
Nathan had an old pair of socks that he was throwing out because there were holes in the toes and luckily they were close to the color of my hair so I cut off the toe, rolled the sock down, stitched the loss edge down and presto- my own bun maker!

The hair style I chose is a twisted bun - I love having a few "wet hairstyles" (hairstyles that work best when your hair is wet to start) in my arsenal because sometimes I need to wash my hair but don't have time to dry and straighten/curl my hair. This was my first attempt and the style only took about 5 minutes.



1 comment: