Sunday, March 16, 2014

Flint Hills

I broke this post into two part because of how many pictures I took this weekend.

Yesterday afternoon we explored the Flint Hills of the Konza Prairie.

Jordan and Audra (and Collin) came with us to the Flint Hills, and I don't think any of us knew what we were getting into! It is acres of gorgeous land. The dry, yellow, grass is burned each year to make way for the fresh, lush, green, grasses. They were burning the grass yesterday and we could smell the smoke and see the haze. We decided to do a little exploring- none of us we prepared for the 2 1/2 mile---- MILE! hike we were about to take...in the exposed sun, in bad shoes, up hills, narrow paths, rocky walkways. 

Somehow we all managed it will little complaints (and no blisters). It was worth it as the views were spectacular. 






 





No comments:

Post a Comment