Monday, March 31, 2014

Locked out

Today was a super productive day. I organized my closet, did the laundry, mopped the floors, sent all the emails I've been putting off and sorted Allison's baby clothes. I was feeling pretty good about myself so I pulled the jumperoo to the front porch, put dinner in the oven and grabbed a glass a wine to wait on the porch for Nathan to get home. Everything was going fine until the sun started to move and I thought it would be a good idea to move to the backyard because it was sunny. Instead of walking around the yard, I went through the house - locking the front door behind me and as I walked out the back door and pulled it closed behind me...my heart sank. I didn't turn the lock and yep...LOCKED OUT.

I was barefoot in a camoflauge T-shirt, crazy hair and no makeup with a baby and a half empty glass of wine. I was officially marked as white trash.

Thankfully it was 5pm and I knew Nathan would be home by 6pm so Allison and I laid in the warm grass to play and wait. We played in the hammock, crunched leaves, and watch the bunnies and cardinals play in the yard.

It wasn't so bad (I had my phone and itouch) and Allison was clean and fed but I just couldn't believe I did that! Nathan arrived home and let us in right as it was time for dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment