Friday, March 7, 2014

Play Mat

This week started out pretty rough. Allison is getting her top two teeth and she was a nightmare on Monday and Tuesday. She was in pain, not sleeping well, and taking it out on me. She's normally such a happy baby and it really bothered me to see her so upset.
I don't know why but seeing teeth come in makes me nauseated. Her gums and upper lip are swollen and she's been drooling like a puppy.

Thankfully, the pain seemed to subside by Wednesday and by Thursday, she was back to her old self. 

Since Allison was feeling better, I decided to finish up a project that I've been working at for the last 2 weeks. I made Allison this rainbow activity mat. It was a great way to practice different sewing techniques on a bunch of different fabrics. I used mostly scraps that I already had, but I bought all of the add-ons (the buckles, zippers, etc).

Allison is still too young to play with the notions but she's started to become aware of the zippers on my coat, or the string of my sweatshirt so I thought this might be a way to get her to stop pulling on my clothes and maybe enjoy tummy time. Allison is fine on her stomach, she can lift her head, but she still hates it - and now that she can roll, each time I put her on her stomach- she just rolls back!

Maybe this will keep her entertained long enough to stay on her stomach- which will hopefully lead to crawling (but I think we're still a long way off of that!)

The picture of the left is the back of the quilt (it's a black and white paisley design) but when I was quilting each wedge and I was flipping it back and forth, I caught the rainbow peeking through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment