First, here are some outtakes from Allison's 10 month pictures. She was doing great standing but after 5 minutes she got bored and wanted to sit and play with her dress (I think she was confused as to why she wasn't in pajamas).
I did the pictures myself and trying to set the camera and flash up, hold her hand, and press the remote was a little tricky but she seemed genuinely happy to be posing so that helped me.
Last night Nathan and I went a few streets over to babysit for a fellow resident. We met their family on Superbowl Sunday and when an event for the wife's job came up, they asked if we wouldn't mind watching Max for a few hours. I was really nervous because I'm not much of a kid person and I haven't done much babysitting. I think I feel like I'm not a kid person because I'm not playful and I don't think of myself as fun so I think they won't like me.
When we arrived, the couple answered the door in black tie! They looked fantastic! They showed us around and gave us some quick instructions before heading downtown. Max is the same age as Allison but he's mobile and likes to pull himself up on everything! He was really sweet and loved to snuggle. Nathan and I decided to each take a baby and I was in charge of Max. After I fed him dinner we played on the floor for a little bit until he crawled into my lap, put his head on my shoulder and fell asleep!
He really liked to be held (his parents warned me that he doesn't sleep well in his crib) but I managed to get him alseep in his crib for 3 hours before he woke up and needed some hugs. Allison has never been a cuddly baby. She's always pushed me away and even when she's tired, she prefers to self soothe/sleep on her own). I know it's a good thing because it gives me so much freedom, but last night, I had no complaints that that little man wanted me to hold him. It was wonderful!
I always thought I'd want twins but tonight I learned that would be trouble! When Max would cry out, Allison would wake up and vice versa. All in all it was an easy, quiet night and I'm glad the couple was able to enjoy an evening out knowing their boy was in good hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment