Saturday, July 5, 2014

Her First BBQ

Nathan and I are trying to make the most of our 3 days together. Nathan has more free time this month because he's working in a clinic and clinics aren't open on the weekends or on holidays.

This morning we went to Kyle and Lisa's for breakfast. Lisa made waffles (with all the toppings-including Canadian maple syrup) and a hash brown/egg/sausage casserole that was delicious. At one point after breakfast, we all looked at each other and noticed no one had Allison. I looked down the hall and she was standing at the toilet, splashing in the (clean) water. She's done that at our house before but I didn't think about shutting the door to baby proof the Wedel's house. Although, they'll have to do it soon enough since Lisa is 35 weeks pregnant!We stayed and visited (and let Allison crawl around on their carpet) until we took up their whole morning.

We then spent the afternoon cutting grass, taking naps, and stealing some garden rocks from April's house (she said I could). I've started to spruce up the gardens at our rentals (nothing big) just cleaning up around the trees and I put in a small hosta garden.

We were able to get ahold of John Mark and Jill and make a dinner date at a local BBQ place. It was a new place for Nathan and I, and it was a little spicier than other places we've tried but it was tasty. Originally the location only sold the wood for BBQ places in town but eventually they got into the BBQ business themselves.
I got the "Carolina". It's a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw.
I gave Allison some ribs and pulled pork so she's officially tried her first BBQ (although she was more interested in my fries.
We weren't done chatting after we ate our BBQ so we headed over to The Village Inn for homemade pie. I love pie and I'd choose it over any other dessert so I was thrilled with the idea (even though I was so full). I got a triple berry pie and the only thing that could have made it better was if it was hot.

I let Allison have an extra nap in the afternoon so she didn't fuss through our dinner, but at the end of pie-time, she let us know she was ready to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment