Allison has always been a handful, and now that she has the whole crawling-thing down, she's decided it's time to move onto climbing.
Allison loves to climb the stairs - luckily we only have them in the basement but I take her to the basement with me each time I do a load of laundry (she screams if I leave her behind). Today I washed her "lovie", a stuffed bunny that she sleeps with and while I was moving it from the washer to the dryer, she snatched it out of the basket and made a break for the stairs to escape. I use this elephant as a lovie distraction while it's in the wash- but I'm careful to have it back in her bed for nap time.
Allison also likes to get into everything. We've baby proofed the garbage and pyrex (glass) but everything else is baby friendly. I now spend most of my days on a continuous loop through the house, putting everything back to restart the 'Mess Game'. I made the mistake of putting a bag of her clothes beside her crib and when I came in to get her from her nap, half the bag had been pulled into her crib.
Allison has taken a special interest in the bathroom. She hates when we shut the door and often during a shower a little head pops out from the curtain trying to crawl in with her clothes on. She takes the toilet paper off the roll and pulls the garbage out, so we now keep the toilet paper holder and the garbage in the shower- however, with Nathan's 4am wakeup (and no contact lenses) we've already soaked a few rolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment