Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Refashion

I never make my own clothes. It's not something I'm interested in but I like having an idea of how things are put together so that when I want to make kids clothes or costumes I'm better prepared.

The problem is that practicing techniques is so expensive because  I don't want to waste fabric. Instead of visiting Joann's Fabric Store to get some fabric to practice on, I hit of Maj-R-Thrift and for $2.50 I got this large jean dress and eyelet strapless top.
 I split the top apart to add it to a jean skirt and made an eyelet-jean dress for me and since I had so much leftover, I made Allison a matching outfit. I used the stretch top of the tube-top to make a sweet and simple headband for Allison.

 The weather has been really nice this week (under 35 degrees) so it was a perfect day to get out and take a few pictures- even though Allison struggled to sit still for most of them.

 





1 comment: