Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tree

There was a dead tree on the lawn and our landlord made arrangements to have it taken down yesterday. The showed up just as Allison was about to take a nap so instead of sleeping, we headed outside to watch the event. 4 men showed up (only one spoke English) and they quickly cut the tree down, chopped it up, and trimmed a different tree. They were only at our house for an hour and they worked very quickly.
When it was time to trim the tree beside the front porch, a 50 year old man approached the tree, jumped up and grabbed a limb and pulled himself up. He climbed the tree faster than I could have climbed a ladder into the tree. I tried to tell him to be careful but he didn't understand anything I said- but I'm sure he could read my scared expression.

Allison didn't know whether to be scared (she would bury her head in my shoulder when the chainsaw would start up) or grumpy (when I tried to put her in the house she would bang on the door wanting out).

I was surprised when I went out in the yard and saw that they had forgotten their water cooler. But today they arrived to dig out the stump so they were able to retrieve it. Allison wasn't interested in the stump removal and opted to spend the cooler day inside reading books/pulling all the books out of her library box and then waiting for me to put them back so we could start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment