Nathan has been on nights the last 5 days so we celebrated the switch back to days with a big breakfast. Nathan arrived home at 7am and doesn't have to be back to work until tomorrow at 5am.
We had croissants from Costco, fresh fruit, and an egg, sausage, and hash brown casserole. I got the casserole recipe from my friend Lisa after she made it for us for brunch one morning.
Nathan decided that he would only sleep for a few hours so that he'd be really tired to go to bed tonight so at 8am I dragged him down the road to a rummage sale at the Prairie Village Baptist Church. I've seen signs around the neighbourhood for weeks and it looked promising so I was eager to go on the first day. When we arrived at 8:03 there were already tons of people inside! There was so much stuff- furniture, craft items, holiday items, household, baby, toys, clothes, and even a whole separate room for outdoor stuff! We scanned the toys first (hoping for a Duplo score) but there wasn't any. We did get some light wooden letter blocks that Allison has already fallen in love with.
Nathan scored a box of 65 golf balls for $5 (I thought that was a lot of money for some old golf balls but he assured me it was a great deal. I bought a DKNY shirt and some vintage cards that reminded me of the Valentine's I had when I was a kid. I also found some napkins with the Bluenose on them (for 10 cents) and promptly snatched them up. I think there must have been a Canadian donating because I also saw holiday cards from Ottawa University. Nathan got a collection of new contact lens cases and an ice cream scoop and I got a loose tea steeper. All our loot cost us a whopping $10.
We were only out of the house for an hour but I was thankful to get to spend some time with Nathan since this week has been so hectic.
While Nathan took a nap, I took Allison to the Leawood Park to meet up with some friends for a picnic lunch. April brought along a toy walker for Allison to practice walking with. She loves it and we spent the afternoon letting her walk up and down the driveway.



No comments:
Post a Comment