Nahtan and I recieved a few invitations for 4th of July festiviteis- parades, BBQ's, festivals, and fireworks. I decided it was best to keep Allison happy and we decided that fireworks (late and loud) weren't the best plan. We didn't want to travel - in case she got too grumpy, and we didn't want to be away from home for the whole day. We decided to make our own plan.
We planned to get up early today and head to a small town outside of KC. Allison had her own plan, she decided to wake up at 4:30am, gagging. I was terrified and was in her room in under 5 seconds. She hadn't had anything to eat in about 12 hours so nothing happened but she was really sleepy. I sat in the rocking chair with her for a couple hours and she slept on my lap contentedly.
She ate all of her breakfast and other than being slower (and calmer) than usual, she was her normal self. We decided to still go to Parkville for the 10am parade and just head home right after. We had plans to walk around the town and the midway that was set up for the holiday but Nathan saw on the news this morning that the midway was shut down after it failed a spot safety check- Yikes!
Allison wasn't interested in the parade and she cuddled in Nathan's arms the entire time we were there. The parade was small- mostly local politicians and small groups but I love parades because people know you're taking pictures of them and they don't care!
Allison was ready to go as soon as the parade stopped and we buckled her in for the 1/2 hour drive home. She slept in the car and for another 2 hours in the afternoon. It's terrible but I love my sick baby! She's so happy to sit on your lap and cuddle. She's quiet and calm- it's great, except that I'm constantly sneaking into her room, watching her, to make sure she's okay. Her molars are coming in and since one of her symptoms is bright pink cheeks, I think that's the problem.
As I made dinner, Nathan and Allison cuddled on the couch, ate cold watermelon, and watched the World Cup. It wasn't quite the exciting day we had originally planned it to be, but I'm thankful we were able to spend it together as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment