Nathan's time off work is passing by quickly. We decided to work around the house and cross off the long to-do list we've been building over the last 8 months. Nathan gets a week of holidays every 4 months but we spent the last holiday in Toronto. Also, my parents were originally planning to come this month and my Dad is a worker/putterer so I was putting together a list of things for him to keep busy with (anyone who has a Dad who shows love through tasks knows this is not a presumptuous thing to do). But my parents are so busy lately that the trip never happened.
So Nathan and I have had to put on our grown-up pants and do the work ourselves. First, I sanded and painted the front porch railing while Nathan sanded and stained the deck on the guest house. Allison wandered between us. We borrowed sanders from a colleague of Nathan's (known in the hospital as Sheriff Woody) and my partner in the church nursery (Imogen).
You know when you touch up/redo something and you can't believe you didn't do it sooner (see the previous blog post). Well, I can't believe how much better the deck looks. Nathan has been working so hard and it looks great. He still has another coat to go but the change is fantastic.
Another to-do item was to caulk the tub. We weren't able to shower/bath while the formula set. Allison was without her daily bath, and when she realized she could go "swimming" tonight, she ran for the tub. I even gave her bubbles as a special treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment