I was asked by JM (our former pastor and current friend) if I wanted to meet him, his daughter in law, and his grandson at his wife's work for lunch. Jill works in a very nice area of KC in the municipal office. There is a playground just outside her office so the 5 of us met at her for lunch and a playdate. I was able to update them on what's happening with Nathan's job and they told me about renting an RV and heading to a local Bluegrass festival for 3 days.
Jackson, Angela's son, is a little younger than Allison and they didn't have much of an interest in playing together but Allison was very interested in his car. I'd never seen a little tykes car of that style. Allison did a few laps but when she saw JM pushing Jackson, she wanted a ride too.
After Jackson decided he wanted the car back, Allison pushed him around the playground - just as happy to be pushing as riding.
We spent two hours outside and it was amazing. We finally had a break in the hot weather. Today was only 19 degrees! I can't wait for Fall, but the next two weeks are supposed to get really hot again.
I was so grateful to be included in the Clifton family outing, they always make us feel included and we had a great lunch date.
No comments:
Post a Comment