Since my last exchange with the craft exchange site, Elfster, was a success, I signed up for a much simpler exchange for the end of summer. It is the same premise as before, two random people are assigned to exchange a gift. Instead of gift it was a postcard exchange.
Here is the outline of the exchange:
This exchange will allow you to send a postcard to another member of the
Elfster community. The postcards may be anything you choose- something
from your city, an original photo or artwork, or anything else you can
think of. You will receive the name of the person to send your postcard
to on August 18th.
I had so much trouble finding a postcard! I knew a few places I could get them but they were in tourist gift shops and it was too much work to get through the front door just to explain that I needed a card. My friend, Lisa, thought she saw some at a shop by her house and she picked me up some so that I could end my search. I told her I wanted cheesy and she got 'em!
I mailed a card to my partner, Gia, that had a cowboy driving cattle, that said, "Kansas City Traffic". Obviously, this person is a stranger, so I wrote a little blurb about looking forward to the season's changing, and that I hoped she would sign up for the gift exchange in December.
I sent it away and three days later, I got my postcard(s) from Gia. There were two postcards in an envelope. There is no writing on either card, the cards are from 2 different places, and NEITHER card is from where she lives (RI).
I think this is hilarious because I know she's probably sitting with her husband, asking, "Did I do this thing right or did she?" To me, we were writing a simple note to a new friend, not literally exchanging postcards, because what will I do with a San Fran postcard? It's a funny story and I'm just glad my partner participated.
No comments:
Post a Comment