Our Mom Group resumed this week and I'm so glad it did. One week apart and I really missed seeing these amazing women. We met up at Franklin Park and let the kids play, splash, and run wild, then we all sat at a picnic table for a lunch. Allison loved playing with Griffin in the small creek/water feature in the park. She was soaked by the time we were done but it wasn't my first time at this particular park so I did bring a change of clothes for her.
I was a little sad when I left our group today because a woman who hasn't been coming to Wornall that long, overheard me discussing NICU experiences with April. I said that something about my second child being in the NICU and I didn't realize she was standing behind me. I appreciate her asking what I meant (rather than ignoring it), and I was okay with telling her (that it wasn't a secret and that we're ok) and even though I have script I stick to in those situations, it's draining to say it out loud. I think that with all the stress we've been dealing with lately, the sadness I felt on the drive home was amlified more than it needed to be, so while Allison napped, I did too.
We both woke up refreshed and since I was making a crock pot supper, we spent the afternoon playing with chalk on the back patio.
I love these four photos. They were taken one after another (no outtakes in between) and it shows a little of how fast her faces and emotions change - no wonder it's hard to get a sharp photo of this girl.












No comments:
Post a Comment