Nathan had to rearrange his one day a week off to travel to Pennsylvania last weekend for a job interview so he had to work this weekend to make up for the time he was gone.
I've been trying my best to keep Allison occupied. There is a horse, Henry, at the Hyvee grocery store by our horse that is free to ride and Allison and I went there four times.
Two of the times I had a reason other than the horse to be there. We were invited to a friend's house for dinner and I was in charge of a side dish.
We had dinner at a colleague of Nathan's. There were 4 couples there and plenty of kids. Allison loved to play in the pool even because it is still very hot in KC.
On Sunday morning I made Allison and I a special breakfast - banana pancakes. She ate them so fast that she was reaching for mine! I'm sure the Palmer's Maple Syrup that I gave her for dipping didn't hurt things!
I was in the church nursery today because the schedule has been a little out of whack (for me at least) because my nursery buddy has been on vacations throughout the summer and I'm flexible to volunteer the weeks that she's available.
Imogen is in her 60's and she's in a biking group. They travel around North American to bike, and a few weeks ago they were in Montreal. She said she went to see Niagara Falls.
Nathan was home by dinner time so I was able to have him watch Allison (and her busy "helping" hands) while I made a batch of pierogies. I hadn't made any in a long time but I love that I can just pull them out of the freezer for a quick side.
I also made the pierogies because the pier in my hometown was reopened this weekend after a decade long closure. It was always very dangerous but now there are water guards to protect people. It is a great thing for our town that it has reopened and this was one way to celebrate.
I can't wait to go for a long walk on it when I get back home!



No comments:
Post a Comment