Today Nathan had his interview with the University of Kansas (KU) Internal Medicine Program for a Hospitalist position. The hospital is in KC, and it's really close to our house. It would be ideal in so many ways.
Nathan had half-hour interviews with 6 staff (members of practice), a tour of the hospital, and was then taken out for lunch. He got home at the same time as me. I had taken Allison to Wonderscope Children's Museum for 3 hours to tire her out.
While Allison and Nathan napped, I started to get ready for our night out. Four doctors from the practice (not the ones he had already interviewed with) took us out for dinner at Cafe Trios, located just off the Plaza.
Our friends April and Ryan offered to watch Allison for a few hours so we could both go to the dinner. I was nervous but everyone was nice, and although there was a lot of "shop talk", the restaurant was lovely, and I enjoyed just being out without Allison.
After a couple of hours (and a glass of wine) everyone loosened up and by hour three we were all laughing, and the conversation finally turned away from medicine so I could contribute something. Nathan thought the interviews went really well and we both thought the dinner went well.
There's no strict timeline on when he'll hear back, which is tough, because it will mean he will have to pass up on other offers from other hospitals waiting for this one. It feels like we're stuck in the same holding pattern as before. It is all so confusing, and we didn't end the day with any new answers, but we met some great people and shared a delicious meal - knowing our baby was safe and happy with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment