Friday, September 7, 2012

First Friday

During the first Friday of each month (in the warm months) there is an event in the Crossroads District in Kansas City. Within a few blocks, several art galleries open their doors, street vendors sell goods, street artists perform, and people just wander around to see and be seen.

I've never been before but heard many people talking about it. I spent the afternoon with my friend Madison yesterday and she and her husband invited us to go with them tonight. Nathan was anxious to get out of the house after working 48 hours in 4 days so we all piled in the car (Melody included) and headed to the Crossroads.

http://unews.ca/images/uploads/Cartoon%20hipster.jpg

It was really interesting and had a really cool vibe. There were tons of people (all ages) walking around and it felt really safe. I definitely didn't feel cool enough to be there ( I wasn't wearing Toms, skinny colored jeans, or thick rimmed glasses). I had more fun people watching and overhearing conversations of people discussing the art than actually looking at any images. 
 
 


We had a great time and we were happy to find an event we haven't seen/done yet. Last year we did so many tourist activities that I worried we'd be short on adventures this time around. Madison and Steven also gave us an idea for our next Drive 'Til We Find Water tour.

1 comment:

  1. I swear you and I live in different Kansas Cities. :) We'd love to see you when you have some time!

    ReplyDelete