Today I went out to Overland Park to visit with Becky, a former SOS'er, who has been living in KC since the last time we were here. Becky has been very supportive through our losses and it was good to see her and catch up. I was there for about 4 hours and we just sat on her couch and chatted, had a good lunch, and shared our medical wife stresses.
On the way home I stopped at a couture consignment shop that is just down the street from our place. It had all high end brands like Prada, Louis Vuitton, etc. It was a little mature for me, and the prices were insane. I think it's a small demographic of people that would pay $500 for a used Prada jacket because if you have that much cash for one item, you probably don't want used, and if you're buying used you probably don't want to spend $500.It was really interesting to see all the labels and I loved looking at the shoes and handbags but it's not a place where I'd shop.
When I got home I finally got around to cleaning the house (I've been out of the house everyday this week!) and making a super tasty recipe that I found online last week. I made individual lasagne cups. The recipe is a little different, but it was fun to make it in the little cups - plus it makes it really easy to send it to the hospital with Nathan for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment