Last week in one of my little adventures I saw a cute doll in a crafty shop. I would never buy it but I thought, I can make that! I've never made a doll before so I thought it would be a good day to figure it out. I didn't have any plans today and Nathan took the car because he had to take a drug test for Saba in the afternoon (he passed). I spent the afternoon making a pattern and sewing this doll. It's the perfect scrap project and although I had to rip it apart a dozen times, it was worth the outcome. I want to make a whole army of different hairstyles and clothes. I don't know what I'll do with this army, but still - so adorable!
I have a cousin that sews dolls like these and sells them on etsy to raise money for their adoption from Ethiopia. She has gifted some to my girls and they are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThis doll is beautiful!! Any little girl would love to have it! Looks like a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures of your baking makes my mouth water! I am going to have to remember to only look at your blog when I'm full 'cause it makes me hungry! I want a pasta maker now. :)
I love how dynamic your church group is. You seem to be involved in so much good in the community. I loved chatting with you! I've quit my babysitting job so my schedule is a whole lot more freed up! If you want to get together again, please let me know!