Today April and I met up at Southwest High School to help out with the cheerleading team. There are only 8 girls so we had just one stunt team and the rest were dancers. After April and I demonstrated a simple lift (wow I'm out of shape!) the girls jumped right in. April focused on the stunting while I taught the girls a dance I've been working on. I was nervous to stand in front of them and demonstrate. They laughed at my dancing but they were understanding of lack of rhythm. The girls were really good. They learned in half an hour what took me an entire day to memorize. I remember being like that when I used to cheer but I can't do it anymore! We had fun and I'm hoping to spend more time there over the next two weeks preparing for homecoming. The cheerleaders are performing at the pep-rally and don't have a routine, so we have 11 days to get one. It's going to be cutting it close!
After a few missteps and step-ons, this is what my wrist looked like when I got home. I remember being so beat up and bruised after most practices, and they day I thought I broke my nose when my flyer kicked me hard in the face. Ahhhh memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment