Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wanton Wontons

Tonight was our first time back at bible study at the Henke house. It was sad that one of our favourite couples, the Dove's have moved away, but we have a new couple (I met their youngest in Sunday school) and they're the perfect addition to our group. We're watching a John Piper video series on what love is. Although it's directed to teenagers, it's so good!

A new part of bible study is to have a meal together before we start the study. I knew Sarah was making her famous taco soup and I wanted something to go along with it. I wanted to make something new ( didn't I learn from this mistake last week?) and decided to google homemade wontons. Nathan took the car otday so I couldn't just run to the store to pick up some wonton wrappers. It was really easy because I have my pasta maker here. That thing has been the best addition to my cooking/baking!

For the filling I just did a southwest filling (similar to the taco soup). I mixed peppers, onions, corn, beans, chicken, and a squeeze of lime. I fried them in oil for a minute on each side and they were so tasty. The flour mix tasted exactly like Chinese egg rolls. I was glad this recipe worked so well because, once again, I had no back-up!

 


1 comment: