Sunday, July 12, 2015

Church Day

Today was the fourth Sunday that Allison stayed in the childcare area (I was there for one of them). It has been so relaxing to be able to have a few minutes away from her and I don't even have to work to stay focused anymore. The break has been great.

After church, we came home for lunch then Allison went down for a nap. While Allison napped I started baking. Our friend, Kristin, recently returned from a short mission trip to New York City regarding human trafficking. She planned a small event at the church where she gave a presentation on what she learned. I offered to make some treats (mini cherry pies, cookies, and lemon bars).

Allison woke up just as I was placing the goodies on trays and she wanted to get in on the fun. Every time we bake together she insists on wearing the apron that my paternal grandmother made for me when I was a little girl. It reads "I'm a big help" but I don't know how true it is. Allison (and Nathan) ate so many cookies, I put another batch in. I make large batches and freeze them so it was easy to pull them out.

 I forgot to post this yesterday - but on our way to Powell Gardens yesterday we passed a thrift shop from the highway and I told Nathan I wanted to stop on the way back. Allison was tired but I insisted on stopping.

It was a great store because everything was reasonably priced and while there wasn't anything that jumped out at me, it was one of those places where if you found exactly what you needed, you could get it at a steal. I saw an old black milk container, the ones made of tin(?) that stand about 3 feet tall. It was $15 but I have nowhere to put it. 

Nathan took Allison to the toy department so I could have a few minutes to myself and he came back with this 50 cent clock. Allison is starting to become interested in puzzles and numbers so this was the perfect buy - and worth the stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment