Allison woke up before Nathan and was excited that he was home - but it made for a busy morning. By the time Nathan left, I had just enough time to run to the grocery store before I met with some friends at Loose Park. I desperately needed groceries but I've had errands and plans every day for over a week and Allison can only handle errands in the morning. when we were driving home from Aldi, Allison suddenly said, "strawberry!" I was her first 3 syllable word. She been talking so much lately, not stringing words together yet but she's becoming easier to understand.
I was only 10 minutes late to the park but arrived just as others were arriving too - I guess we were all on Mom Time today.
April brought old bread so that Allison, Camille, and Griffin could feed the ducks. Allison couldn't understand that she needed to rip the bread first, but she loved watching the ducks.
After the ducks, we headed to the splash pad. I didn't know how Allison would do since she doesn't care much for the splash pad at the pool we usually go to, but she loved this one. I sat at a picnic table and chatted while she ran around the (gated) splash pad. She was so independent and while she came over a few times to make sure I was still there, she spent most of the 2 hours we were there on her own (or playing with other kids).
No comments:
Post a Comment