I try to get to the Mission Pool as often as I can because it closes in a few weeks! Here in KC the kids go back to school the first of week of August so all the public pools close - and that's when it gets the hottest!
It wasn't supposed to be that hot this morning (tot time is from 930-1130 so it can be chilly in the cold water) but it quickly went from cool and cloudy to sunny and blazing while we were there.
I met up with April and her kids and spent time in the pool and in the splash pad. Allison loves to swim with her puddle-jumper in the deep end (3 ft). She is so brave and likes to go out on her own. She was exhausted by the time we got home and after eating a few bites of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich she nearly fell asleep in her chair.
While she napped I finished up a book holder that I made for Allison's room. We have a mini book shelf and while I love the look and style of it, it doesn't hold many books. I wanted something to get the books off the floor and give more space to the growing pile of BIG toys Allison has. I spent $14 on the fabric, grommets, and door hooks and it holds all of her books!
Allison woke up from her nap in a great mood (3 hours will do that for you). I took this pictures at our kitchen table while we chatted about what to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment