Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hot

One of the big changes living in KC (from Ontario) is that in Ontario, the hottest parts of the day are from 11-2. But in KC the temperature skyrockets around 4pm.

This week the days start at 28 degrees (by 7am) and only go up from there. I've been keeping up with my watering because so many of my recently planted items are burning. Here is Allison trying to help out.

After I gave Allison her bath before bed (8pm) she wasn't ready to put her clothes on and I needed to get something off the back patio. Allison followed me outside and decided she needed to cool off so she hopped back in the pool.

It was the second time in a pool today - we went to Toddler Time at the Mission Pool today. When I arrived I was surprised to see how packed it was - hundreds of people and NO PARKING for blocks! There was a swim meet going on so the pool was over-run with kids. It wouldn't have been so bad except that older kids were in the kiddie pools and where too rough with the young kids. We mainly stayed in the splash pad area and managed to cool off from this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment