I wondered how Allison would do wearing the skirt I made for her - since she's never worn a dress for longer than an hour before but she didn't mind it at all. It helped her stay cool and she didn't fuss with it. She did, however, refuse to wear the matching bow I made.
We decided to try a new spot for our fourth of July celebration. We traveled an hour north to Weston, Missouri. It was a small town with tons of cute stores and shops. It was very old fashioned and laid back. We arrived at 9:30 and the parade didn't start until 11 so we walked through the main part of the town and looked in several shops.
There was a cigar store that rolls their own product and has a smoking room for members, and I found a re-purpose store that was amazing but would give me anxiety to have all that stuff in my backyard. The owners didn't allow anyone to take photos but there were several buildings (including their house) full of junk, plus a barn that they used as their store. Once they had cleaned up the items, they packed it into the barn. There was barely room to move through the clothes, license plates, church pews, old photographs, metal baby buggies, hutches, and desks. It was floor to ceiling - STUFF.
It was not a place for Allison so we didn't get to look as much as I would have liked but we were meeting friends so we had to head out anyway.
We met our friends, Kyle and Lisa (and their baby girl) and we found a great spot to watch the parade. We've been to small town parades and they always last a long time because everyone with a car earlier than 1980 and a tractor join in. But this parade was the shortest.
Less than 10 minutes. Less than 100 people. I took 3 photos.
It was over so fast! After the parade everyone was invited to the park (just off the main street) for a picnic. There was a big playground, a croquette game, a photobooth, and a BBQ for anyone who didn't pack a lunch.
We all brought our lunches so we spread out a big blanket and shared our food as the girls climbed around us.
Nathan and Kyle took a walk before the parade started and found a soda shop. We went in on our way out of town and tried the lavender infused lemonade. It was amazing! I bet Martha Stewart has a recipe. It was perfectly refreshing.
No comments:
Post a Comment