Allison watches PBS everyday. It's usually when I'm making meals but I try to let her watch the shows she's starting to enjoy. She won't watch a full episode (or even sit down to watch it...in fact, she rarely sits) but she likes Curious George and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. I think she likes Daniel Tiger because her friend, Griffin, likes it.
Griffin's mom, April, told me last week that "Daniel Tiger" would be doing a meet and great at a local Whole Foods store. I decided to take Allison and see how she would react. She didn't do well with Santa so I wondered what would happen. We got there a little before 4 and didn't meet Daniel until 5:10pm! Every 25 minutes, the character got a 15 minute break. There were still over a hundred people behind us when we left so I doubt everyone got a photo.
Allison did great in line. I thought it would be a nightmare since we were already at one grocery store today and it was rough. But she stayed by my side and didn't complain. Thankfully, the staff of the store gave out kid kits with stickers, a mask, and a coloring page. They also gave out snacks when people started to get frustrated with all the breaks the Tiger was taking. He was only booked for 2 hours- why does he need 4 breaks? He didn't talk or have to hold any screaming toddlers.
I felt bad seeing the faces of parents who walked in at 5pm expecting to get a photo of their kids with Daniel, the line was INSANE!
Allison wasn't scared when it was our turn. She was all smiles and talked about "Ti-gy" the whole way home.
Here is a picture from our first outting of the day. Her new obsession is "MONEY" so she has a $1 bill that she carries around.


No comments:
Post a Comment