The airport is really small - I don't know why I thought it would be larger. I arrived just minutes before Amy walked through customs. We met at the baggage claim for a giant hug.
I'm so happy she's here. We managed to naviagate our way home - including getting lost when the GPS was a little behind and we missed our exit and had a relaxing afternoon sipping tea, sitting on the couch, and catching up. I didn't know if Amy wanted to be a full tourist and go-go-go but we had a great time just sitting and chatting- it's definitely what I needed.
Nathan's Saba classmate and good friend Billy also arrived today (around 5:30pm). Billy is just passing through as he starts his rotation in KC April 1st, and he's going back to his home in Arizona to see his wife (he just finished a rotation in Miami). Billy is staying with us for a couple of days too so it is a very full house. It was funny, tonight before bed, the four of us were all sitting in the living room - Amy on the computer, Billy on his iTouch, me reading, and Nathan studying. One big happy family.
Tonight Amy and I went to a small restuarant in Westport (a small district a few minutes from our house). Nathan dropped us off as he and Billy went for dinner as well. The place was called Californos. http://www.californos.com/Californos.Premiere.Kansas.City.Wedding.Reception.venue.romantic.reception.hot-spot.html. We lucked out in that Monday is open mic night. There was a a woman - Marilyn, playing piano and there were a few regulars who came to see classic songs - ie. Moon River, I Could Have Danced All Night. The place was really empty - only about 10 of us total but it was a great atmosphere and the food was really tasty. During her break, Marilyn came over to chat with us. She told us how she had bronchitis and she was convinced she caught it her cat (sneezing in her face - yeah, try to keep a straight face through that story). She kept telling us how friendly Canadians were. When she asked where we were from, I told her about an hour and a half over the Michigan border, and she said, "So you're from Saskatchewan?"
She was really nice and very sweet. We were able to look around the restaurant - there is a full wedding reception hall in the back- and it's stunning - come get married in KC! It was so relaxing, the music, the conversation, the live music - Amy and I had such a great time, again - I'm so happy she's here!
| Inserting ourselves into Open Mic Night |
No comments:
Post a Comment