Today Nathan and I tried out our 3rd KC church. It's the Wornall Road Baptist Church. It's in an old church (1921) and it's beautiful. There are 3 churches that are operated out of that building, including a French speaking Haitian church in the basement. It is official - we have KC doppelgangers. Today, again, a few older ladies approached Nathan and I with "it's so nice to see you again!" We politely explained that we were new. That was easier to respond to than when one woman approached me and asked if my hair was real. hmm.......
There were many young people there and quite a few young couples. This church is part of a church plant that was created 5 years ago. As Nathan said, church plants are great to go to because you know everyone there really wants to be there. A young couple who runs the bible study came to talk to us before the service and they were great and very welcoming. The music was awesome - the perfect blend of hymns, tradition, and contemporary music - Rich, the lead guitarist/singer had such a great voice (easy to sing with, clear, no vocal tricks). The preaching was biblically based and strong. The pastor was very passionate and had alot of true things to say. I told Nathan that I'd know that I was in a church I wanted to stay at because I'd tear up thinking of Michael - and since we both did, we'll definitely be going back.
This song was played today and I really connected with it. You know - like you get the shivers. I like alot of Christian music but I've only ever really connected with 4 songs. I connect with a song, then it seems to take me into and through a phase or difficult time and then I find a new one that carries me a little further. First there was Son of God while Nathan and I prepared to be married, then it was In Christ Alone while I was on Saba, then it was It is Well - a song I connected with while pregnant, and the only thing that kept me sane (singing it on repeat) during the labour. Today, it was a How Deep the Father's Love for Us. I think that if it's an indication of my next step, it's a great sign.
We're so happy to have found a church home for the next few months.

i love this post! :)
ReplyDelete